Monday, February 6, 2017

Zucchini and Rice

This is not a new recipe here on the blog, but I wanted an updated photo, as well as the addition of carrots and Italian sausage.  This was one of the recipes given to me by my mother-in-law when I got married.  It is definitely a favorite at our house - one that we go back to again and again.  A perfect meal for any night of the week!

Zucchini and Rice
Recipe from Lyn Hoggan Denna

1 lb. Italian sausage
1 small onion
2 large ribs celery
4 carrots
2 large zucchini
2 c. rice
4 c. chicken broth

In an electric frying pan, brown sausage with onion until browned.
Once browned, add rice and stir until rice is lightly browned.
Meanwhile, cut up all vegetables.
Once rice is browned, sprinkle mixed veggies in an even layer over the top. 
Pour chicken broth over the vegetables.
Cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until rice is done.

1 comment:

  1. I've found it's more flavorful with Italian Sausage.

    ReplyDelete