Monday, July 18, 2011

Utah's Famous Green Jello

My friend from Philadelphia likes to make fun of me for eating Jello...
I think of her every time I make this one.

I'm not sure where the original recipe came from, but I have modified this to be less of a sugar heart-attack, as well as increasing the fruit.  It is perfect for us, but I will include the original recipe as well.
My alterations are italicized.

Utah's Famous Green Jello
6oz. pkg. lime jello
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. sugar (I omit this)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice (I use 1 Tbsp.)
1 c. crushed pineapple, undrained (I use 2 c.)
2 c. cool whip

Bring water to a boil.
Put Jello and sugar in a bowl and add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
Add lemon juice and crushed pineapple.
Refrigerate until syrupy.
Fold cool whip into jello.
Place in a 9x13" pan.
Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
Makes 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment