Thursday, July 26, 2012

Coconut Crispy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I dont make cookies very often; mostly because I end up being the only one to eat them.
Still, I have a plethora of 'recipes to try' in the cookie department.
But then I noticed these on pinterest, and they immediately jumped to the top of the list.
I even made them the next day (which is saying a lot).
I have thought about them ever since (which is saying even more).
They are delicious.  Enough said.

Coconut Crispy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe modified and Photo courtesy of Marta Writes

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 rounded tsp. salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. rice krispies
1 3/4 c. chocolate chunks (or large chocolate chips)
1 3/4 c. sweetened coconut flakes

Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time.
Add dry ingredients and vanilla, until just mixed in.
Mix in rice krispies, chocolate chunks and coconut just until well dispersed.
Roll into balls (ping pong size), and place on greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
Transfer to wire racks after 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment