Monday, April 15, 2013

Biscuit Breakfast Casserole

I've made my own bread for over 4 years now, but there are some bread items that I will occasionally still buy in the store.  Pillsbury homestyle original biscuits is one of them.
Try as I might, I can't recreate those delicious little biscuits.  And so this recipe was discovered - when I found myself with an unhealthy amount of them in my fridge and a need for something other than cereal.
This breakfast casserole comes together in no time and is wonderfully tasty.

Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
Recipe modified from Tablespoon

1 tube Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
3 eggs
splash milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 c. bacon crumbles
1/4 c. green onions

Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
Whisk eggs with milk.
Add cheese, bacon and green onions.
Pour over cut biscuits and stir gently, coating evenly.
Pour everything into a greased 9x13" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
Serve warm or at room temperature.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! I have been looking all over for this! Just made it, and it's ready to go in the oven. Looks SO yummy!. I used 4 eggs, because 3 didn't seem to be enough. Then, I doubled the recipe because my pan was a little larger than a 9x13. I also sprinkled a bit more bacon on top. I may add a little more cheese, also, the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made up my own healthier canned biscuit/refrigerator dough. So it is possible to make own for these kinds of uses

    ReplyDelete