Monday, April 1, 2013

Mississippi Roast

I was a little skeptical of this recipe at first... the method just seemed a bit too crazy for me.  But the more I thought about it the more I figured it was crazy enough that it just might work.
And work it did!

I've got to say, it was fabulous.  And it is just about the easiest thing ever to make - such a small amount of work for such a great outcome!  I love the added flavor from the peperoncini peppers.  We made gravy from the pan drippings... ah-mazing.  We all loved it!

Mississippi Roast

6 lb. chuck roast
1 packet Ranch Dressing mix
1 packet Au Jus Mix
1 stick butter
5-6 peperoncini peppers

Place roast in crock pot.
Sprinkle Ranch Seasoning packet over roast.
Sprinkle Au Jus Seasoning packet over roast.
Place stick of butter on top of roast.
Arrange peppers on top of roast, around the butter.
Do not add water!
Cook on low for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment