Monday, May 20, 2013

Apple Pancakes

I have such a love/hate relationship with breakfast.  I love breakfast foods, but I hate taking time to prepare it in the morning.  These came together faster than I imagined, and they were a great alternative to the "plain" pancakes that my 7 year old constantly requests.

I was worried that the pancake batter would overpower the apples, but that wasn't the case.
It was a great mellow flavor that paired perfectly with maple syrup.

This is a great way to use up leftover pancake/waffle batter as well.  Just slice your apples, dip and cook.

Apple Pancakes
Recipe from Heat Oven to 350

2 medium apples, cored and sliced thin
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. buttermilk

Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk in egg and milk.

Heat a large skillet over medium-low and spray with Pam.
Dip apple rings into batte and allow excess to drip off.
Cook rings until golden brown, tuning once, making sure apple is softened slightly (do not cook too hot).
Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment