Thursday, October 3, 2013

Laundry Stain Remover

My husband gets bloody noses at night.  In his sleep.  Its weird.
Usually he wakes enough to clean up his pillowcase, but the other morning I woke up to him saying "uh-oh".

I love Zout.  It is by far my favorite stain remover, and I never thought I would find an equal replacement.  Now was the time to test the strength of this home made version.
 Even more so disgusting than the nose bled stained pillowcase was what I discovered after it was washed.  As you can see, not only did it completely remove the stain, but you can clearly see the lines where the stain remover had run vs. where it hadn't.  Yeah, I know, gross.  The pillowcase was that dirty.  Even after being washed.  I ended up soaking the whole thing in hot water with some of this stain remover to get the entire thing clean again.

I have one of these bottles in my bedroom to spot clean before I put clothes into the hamper, and one in the laundry room.  I also use it to pre-treat the collars of button up shirts, as well as the armpits of white shirts before they are washed.  It is a great, inexpensive version that works wonders!

Laundry Stain Remover
Recipe from One Good Thing

1/3 c. dishwashing liquid detergent (dawn/palmolive)
1/3 c. ammonia
3 Tbsp. baking soda
1 c. warm water

In a spray bottle, dissolve baking soda in warm water.
Add remaining ingredients.
Shake before each use.

No comments:

Post a Comment