Monday, September 6, 2010

Spiced Honey Chicken

I found this recipe from Our Best Bites, but I swapped out a few of the spices for ones that I use regularly, and I cut the honey mixture in half (Tate is not a lover of 'sweet meats'), along with a few other things.
We all loved it, including  my 4 year old (who doesn't like meat).
So... I wrote the recipe my way.

The other awesome thing: This is a rub.  Not a marinade.  No need to worry about what's for dinner 4 hours before hand.  This comes together really quick!
Spiced Honey Chicken
2 lbs. chicken (they used thighs, I used breasts)
2 tsp. oil

Rub:
2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

Glaze:
1/4 c. Honey
1/2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar

Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
Heat honey in the microwave so it isn't so thick.
Add the cider vinegar, mix, and set aside.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
Use your hands to rub oil all over chicken.
Dump chicken in spice mix and coat outsides evenly.

Place chicken on grill - cook for 2 minutes and flip.
Brush honey mixture on cooked side of chicken.
Cook for 2 minutes and flip again, brushing more honey mixture on.
Continue cooking, flipping and brushing honey mixture on until chicken is cooked through and glaze is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment