Monday, December 27, 2010

Zuppa Toscana Soup

Kale is my favorite green.  It holds up so well in soups!
I am not an Olive Garden fanatic, but supposedly this soup tastes just like theirs.
Zuppa Toscana Soup
Recipe from Kady Dommer
1 lb. Italian sausage
2 large russet potatoes, cut long ways then in thin slices
½ onion chopped
¼ c. bacon bits
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 c. kale, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
4 c. water
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Cook sausage then set aside to drain on a paper towel.
In large pot put water, chicken broth, onion, potatoes and garlic.
Cook until potatoes are almost done.
Add meat, salt and pepper, and simmer for ten minutes.
Add kale and cream.
Warm through and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I AM an Olive Garden fanatic so I might just have to try this one, even though I have never bought kale or italian sausage, I might just have to break down and go buy weird ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy them, you will love it! Just remember to remove the thick stems of the kale first (only use the leafy part). If you dont want to pay for Italian sausage buy the regular kind and use the recipe I have for making your own. Way cheaper! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete