Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Asian Vegetable Salad

This was originally an Asian Green Bean Salad,
but I didn't have any at the time, so I used carrots and red peppers.
I got this recipe from my cousin, and she used sugar snap peas and broccoli,
so I decided to just call it a vegetable salad.

** As a side note, this salad works perfectly as a main or side dish.  It is also great hot or cold.
Asian Vegetable Salad
Recipe modified from Bishop's Kitchen

SALAD:
8oz. linguine
1 c. diagonally sliced celery
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1-2 c. vegetable of choice (I used carrots)
1/4 c. green onions
1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro

DRESSING:
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. sugar
pinch fresh ground black pepper
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red jalapeno pepper (I used green), seeded and finely chopped

To prepare salad, break linguine in half.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
Drain again, and place in a large serving bowl.
Stir in celery, bell pepper, veggies of choice, onions and cilantro.

In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
Stir with a whisk until blended.
Add all of dressing to salad.
Toss well.
Cover and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment