Sunday, December 6, 2009

Raspberry Streusel Muffins

My sister in law gave me a copy of her ward cookbook for my birthday... such a perfect gift!  These babies were my first recipe taken from it.

Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Recipe from LaChelle Hansen

Streusel topping:
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp cold butter, cut in pieces
(If you love the streusel, like me, I would recommend doubling this - it wasn't quiet enough for my liking)

Muffins:
2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. sour cream (I used 1/2 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. vanilla yogurt)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries

For streusel topping, in a small bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Cut in the cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
Place the mixture in the refrigerator while you mix the muffin batter.
For cake, preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, yogurt, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix well.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Add berries and fold gently.  If using frozen berries, do not thaw.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops generously with streusel topping.
Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yields 18 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment