Monday, May 17, 2010

Ice-Cream Sandwich Cake

Ice-Cream Cakes are always a bit hit.  It's a good thing they are so easy to make!
Ice-Cream Sandwich Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 carton ice-cream (I used Cookies n' Cream)

Prepare cake according to package directions, baking them in two 8 or 9" round pans.
Once cake has cooled completely, cut off rounded tops to make them straight.
Using one of the round pans as a mold, fill it with the carton of ice-cream - be sure that it is soft enough to fill all of the space and smooth out nicely on top.

Next, layer cake, ice cream, and cake (be sure that the cut side of the cake touches the layer of ice-cream.
To loosen the ice-cream from the round, fill your sink with 1/4" hot water and place the pan in it.
Smooth out t the sides, and put in freezer until very firm (I prefer overnight).
Decorate and return to freezer to harden completely.
Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes prior to cutting.

Click here for tips on how to decorate this cake:

2 comments:

  1. This is funny...Dustin saw this cake and wanted me to make it, so he said "I bet you can't make this cake as good as Michelle, I bet you would mess it up." Using reverse psychology on me? What am I five? It was pretty funny. The cake does look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never made an ice cream cake, your pics make it look so easy- definitely going to make my own version soon. Something fruity! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete