Friday, May 14, 2010

Spinach Mandarin and Avocado Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

My friend brought this salad to my house for a dinner group.
It was amazing!
I called her the next day for the recipe and made it again.
You don't know what you are missing!  You have to try this!
Spinach Mandarin and Avocado Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Recipe from Our Best Bites

1 large bunch spinach
1/2 head Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 avocado, chopped
1 large can mandarin oranges
8oz. mozzarella or swiss cheese, grated (optional, I left it out)
12oz. pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional, I left it out)

Poppy Seed Dressing
1/3 c. white vinegar
1 tsp. kosher salt
few turns pepper
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. mustard
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 green onion, chopped

Combine all ingredients except green onions and blend until smooth.  Add onions.

**Just a side note: this is probably the best salad dressing I have ever had.  Ever.  This is definately going to be made over and over again at my house.  It works for all types of salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment