Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fruit Pizza

By far one of the best looking desserts... and so delicious!
Fruit Pizza
1 stick butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. water
1 can refrigerated pizza crust (or you can use my pizza dough recipe found here)
Fruit of choice.  I've used:
mandarin oranges
kiwi
raspberries
bananas
strawberries
peaches
pears
blue berries

Preheat oven to 425 degrees (if using store bought pizza crust - 400 if using my recipe)

Roll out dough, forming a 9x13" rectangle, or the size of your cookie sheet.
Combine honey and water in a small bowl, stirring until honey is dissolved.
Brush dough with honey mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crust turns golden brown.

In a mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract.
Beat with hand mixer on low until smooth and creamy.
Spread cream cheese mixture on crust.
Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut into desired portions, and arrange fruit on top.

Serve immediately.
Refrigerate any leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. As I'm sure you've noticed Jake and I haven't been posting on our recipe blog, but this week I was planning to post a few recipes relating to the activities I'm doing with the boys. Friday is sugar cookie day, so I'm making a Fruit Pizza. What a coincidence that you posted a recipe!

    ReplyDelete